Gain Control of Application Availability in Virtual Environments
Lorenzo Galelli - Senior Technical Product Manager
Business continuity in virtualized environments depends on the availability of both virtual machines and applications. IT organizations need to ensure application availability in virtual machines without any compromises; an ideal solution should be compatible with all VMware features such as vMotion, DRS, FT, snapshots and SRM. In this session, we will discuss how organizations can achieve VMware compatible application monitoring and various levels of remediation including application restart, virtual machine restart and application failover to a standby virtual machine. In addition, the above capabilities can be applied to a multi-tiered application environment to address complex management operations and orchestration challenges that typically involve coordination with various teams.
Come to this session for a presentation and demo that will cover five topics:
- Monitoring and remedial actions for mission critical applications such as Oracle, SAP, MS SQL, vCenter Server, etc
- Enterprise class availability that is achieved through application failover in virtual machines
- Orchestration of start-up and shutdown sequences, and fault propagation across multi-tiered applications
- Compatibility with existing VMware tools such as vMotion, DRS, FT and snapshots
- Coordination with Site Recovery Manager to provide application availability at the DR site
Can't attend the live webcast? Register anyway and receive a link to the recording when it is available for viewing.
|Event:||Gain Control of Application Availability in Virtual Environments